Charter the John Pinkerton to cruise in the peaceful surroundings of the Basingstoke Canal.
- Departs from Odiham, RG29 1DH
- Available departure times: 10am, 2pm and 7pm
- Sole use of the boat for your party for 2.5 hours
- Maximum 50 passengers (without tables) or 40 passengers seated at tables
- Cruise times may be extended in low water conditions
- Prices and further information can be found here
- Bring your own food, or we can recommend caterers who will deliver to the boat
- Fully licensed bar and galley selling hot and cold drinks, light snacks and souvenirs.
- Charter terms and conditions are here
The direction the boat goes on the canal is decided by the boat captain on the day based on current conditions.
Going west from Odiham, you will see a mud barge, (used in dredging the canal during restoration in the 1970s and 80s), several canal bridges and will watch the lift bridge being raised on your way to King John’s Castle, which was captured by the French after a 2 week siege in 1216.
Going east you will pass Wilks Water and the former home of the Redgrave family and glide past the Four Season’s boat mooring. Look out for the beautiful Old Thatch Garden and bronze horse on the right hand side. There are several typical narrow, arched bridges before we turn around at the winding hole just beyond Barley Mow wharf.
You will receive an acknowledgement and the Booking Team will contact you shortly.