Lunchtime Cruise with fish and chips.
- Departing at 1pm.
- Fish and chips will be served at departure.
- A great opportunity to enjoy lunch whilst cruising through the Hampshire countryside.
- A chance to have a catch-up with your friends.
- Tables are laid for groups of 4 people, and although we can make slight adjustments you may be asked to share
- If you would like to sit with friends who are booking separately, please make a note of this in “Additional Comments”. We will try our best to accommodate you.
- Trip is about 3 hours.
- Cruise times may be extended in low water condition.
- Recommended for adults only
- Bookings close 6th May at 10pm (unless sold out before then)
If you have a food allergy or intolerance, please contact us before purchasing your tickets. We have a very small kitchen area and cannot guarantee to be free from cross-contamination. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have special dietary requirements, when booking please give details in the Additional Notes
Cruise in the peaceful surroundings of the Basingstoke Canal
The canal is an SSSI, and not only serves as a local recreational amenity but is also a notable wildlife habitat.
The alkaline water from the chalk springs at Greywell and the acid water content eastward where the canal passes through heathland, has given rise to one of the largest varieties of aquatic plants and invertebrates in the United Kingdom.
As many as 25 of Britain’s 39 species of dragonflies and damselflies inhabit the canal.
You may get lucky and see a Kingfisher that is considered to be a lucky bird. You can also see herons swans, ducks, geese, moorhens (often with young) and various local floras.