SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Surrey and Hampshire Canal Society Ltd., (aka The Basingstoke Canal Society) will be held on Saturday 18th May 2019 in the Deepcut Village Centre, Swordsman Road, Deepcut GU16 6TB, Surrey, commencing at 2.00pm for the following purposes:
To discuss and, if thought fit, to pass the following Ordinary Resolution:
“That a Resolution of the Executive Committee passed on 21st February 2019 pursuant to Article 12 of the Articles of Association of the Society to increase the subscription rates for membership to the following:
£15.00 (£1.50/month) Adult individual
£20.00 (£2.00/month) Joint/Household
£30.00 (£3.00/month) Corporate/Group
£0 Junior (under 18)
£200 Life membership
This notice is issued from the registered office of the Company at Island House, Moor Road, Chesham, Buckinghamshire HP5 1WA. The note appearing in the Notice of the Annual General Meeting setting out the right of a member to appoint a proxy applies to this Ordinary Resolution.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the 42nd Annual General Meeting of the Surrey & Hampshire Canal Society Ltd., (aka The Basingstoke Canal Society) will be held on Saturday 19th May 2019 in the Deepcut Village Centre, Swordsman Road, Deepcut GU16 6TB, Surrey, commencing at 2.15pm.
The formal Agenda for the meeting is as follows:-
- To hear apologies for absence.
- To confirm the minutes of the 41st AGM held on 19th May 2018.
- To approve the Annual Accounts for the year ending 31st December 2018.
- To appoint the Independent Accountants.
- To elect or confirm the appointment of the members of the Board of Directors (Executive Committee).
- To transact any other business relative to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
By order of the Board of Directors,
Terry Inskip, Honorary Secretary, 28 February 2019.
Following the formal business of the AGM there will be reports from the Chairmen of the Canal Society and Boat Company, the presentation of the Robin Higgs Award and probably a showing of a historic waterway film.
- The Society’s formal and correspondence address is: Island House, Moor Road, Chesham, HP5 1WA
- Every member of the Society who is entitled to vote at a General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not be a member, to attend and vote in his/her stead. Forms of Proxy can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.
- Only paid-up members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
- Copies of the Accounts can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary prior to the AGM by email request, or upon receipt of an SAE. In accordance with normal practice the Accounts, when approved, will be published in summary in the Basingstoke Canal News.
- Nomination forms for the election of the Board of Directors can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.