The Society’s AGM was announced formally in the recent Basingstoke Canal News. Details of this announcement are reproduced here:
NOTICE is hereby given that the Thirty Ninth Annual General Meeting of the Surrey & Hampshire Canal Society Ltd. will be held on Saturday 14th May 2016 in the Deepcut Village Centre, Swordsman Road, Deepcut GU16 6TB, commencing at 2p.m.
The formal Agenda for the meeting is as follows:-
- To hear apologies for absence.
- To confirm the minutes of the Thirty Eighth AGM held on 16th May 2015.
- To approve the Annual Accounts for the year ending 31st December 2015.
- To appoint the Independent Accountants.
- To elect or confirm the appointment of the members of the Board of Directors (Executive Committee).
- To transact any other business relative to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
By order of the Board of Directors, Freda Dawson, Honorary Secretary, 29th February 2016.
Following the formal business of the AGM there will be reports from the Chairmen of the Canal Society and Boat Company, and presentation of the Robin Higgs Award. Then there will be a presentation by Graeme Lewington of the Wey and Arun Canal Trust, who will talk about the several large restoration projects that are currently going on on the W&A, including reconstruction at the Compasses Bridge and Gennets Lock, and the future plans for the Bramley Link.
- This Notice is issued from the Honorary Secretary’s address at: Targa Studio 2, First Floor, 127 Lynchford Road, Farnborough, Hants GU14 6ET.
- Every member of the Society who is entitled to vote at a General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not be a member, to attend and vote in his/her stead. Forms of Proxy can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.
- Only paid-up members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
- Copies of the Accounts can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary prior to the AGM upon receipt of an SAE. In accordance with normal practice the Accounts, when approved, will be published in summary in the Basingstoke Canal News.
- Nomination forms for the election of the Board of Directors can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.