Presenting a Thai dinner prepared by accomplished chef Nong
- A special evening cruise on the Basingstoke canal.
- Departs at 7pm. Please be at the wharf by 6.40pm.
- Authentic tasty Thai dishes for your delight
- Licensed bar and galley is open all evening for you to purchase hot and cold drinks from our extensive range of wines, ales, beers and more.
- Tables are laid for groups of 4 people, and although we can make slight adjustments you may be asked to share
- If you would like to sit with friends who are booking separately, please make a note of this in “Additional Comments”. We will try our best to accommodate you.
- These cruises generally last around 2½ hours.
- The direction to be determined by the skipper according to canal conditions.
- Recommended for adults only.
- Cruise times may be extended in low water conditions.
If you have a food allergy or intolerance, please contact us before purchasing your tickets. We have a very small kitchen area and cannot guarantee to be free from cross-contamination. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have special dietary requirements, please advise in Additional Comments box when booking.
Cruise in the peaceful surroundings of the Basingstoke Canal
The canal is an SSSI, and not only serves as a local recreational amenity but is also a notable wildlife habitat.
The alkaline water from the chalk springs at Greywell and the acid water content eastward where the canal passes through heathland, has given rise to one of the largest varieties of aquatic plants and invertebrates in the United Kingdom.
As many as 25 of Britain’s 39 species of dragonflies and damselflies inhabit the canal.
You may get lucky and see a Kingfisher. It is considered to be a lucky bird. You can also see herons swans, ducks, geese, moorhens (often with young) and various local floras.
This event is fully booked.