Special afternoon Cream Tea Cruise from Colt Hill Wharf in Odiham
- Departing at 3pm
- Served with our special cream tea, complemented by china tea-sets and table-cloths
- Background of piano accompaniment
- A great opportunity to spoil someone or just have a catch-up with your friends
- Tables are laid for groups of 4 people, and although we can make slight adjustments you may be asked to share
- If you would like to sit with friends who are booking separately, please make a note of this in “Additional Comments”. We will try our best to accommodate you.
- Lasts around 2½ hours, taking you westwards to Greywell
- At King John’s Castle you can get off to stretch your legs while the boat turns
- Recommended for adults only
- Cruise times may be extended in low water conditions
If you have a food allergy or intolerance, please contact us before purchasing your tickets. We have a very small kitchen area and cannot guarantee to be free from cross-contamination. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have special dietary requirements, when booking please give details in the Additional Notes
Other Tea Cruises available on 14th June, 19th July, 9th August
Grand Café Cruises on 23rd June and 18th August
Cruise in the peaceful surroundings of the Basingstoke Canal
The canal is an SSSI, and not only serves as a local recreational amenity but is also a notable wildlife habitat.
The alkaline water from the chalk springs at Greywell and the acid water content eastward where the canal passes through heathland, has given rise to one of the largest varieties of aquatic plants and invertebrates in the United Kingdom.
As many as 25 of Britain’s 39 species of dragonflies and damselflies inhabit the canal.
You may get lucky and see a Kingfisher that is considered to be a lucky bird. You can also see herons swans, ducks, geese, moorhens (often with young) and various local floras.
This event is fully booked.