Charter the John Pinkerton to Cruise in the peaceful surroundings of the Basingstoke Canal, departing from from Odiham.
Sole use of the boat for your party for 2.5 hours at 10am
Charter Fee: £320 weekdays, £340 weekends
- Please ensure you have read About Trips before completing the request form, and have a date in mind.
- A lead time of 10 days is usually required to ensure a volunteer crew is available.
- You will receive an acknowledgement, and the Booking Team will contact you shortly.
- The direction the boat goes on the canal is decided by the boat captain on the day based on current conditions.
- The Galley licensed bar is open on all trips, serving hot & cold drinks, light snacks and souvenirs.
- An extra hour can be booked for an additional £80.
Going west from Odiham, you will see a mud barge used in dredging the canal during restoration, pass through several canal bridges, and watch the lift bridge be raised on your way to King John’s Castle, which was captured by the French after a two-week siege in 1216.
Going east you will pass Wilks Water and the former home of the Redgrave family, and glide past Four Season’s trip boat mooring. Old Thatch garden and bronze horse are well worth watching for on starboard (right-hand side). There are several typical, narrow arched bridges before we turn around at the winding hole just beyond Barley Mow wharf.
Cruise times may be extended in low water conditions.