NOTICE is hereby given that the 40th Annual General Meeting of the Surrey & Hampshire Canal Society Ltd., (aka The Basingstoke Canal Society) will be held on Saturday 19th May 2018 in the Deepcut Village Centre, Swordsman Road, Deepcut GU16 6TB, commencing at 2pm.
The formal Agenda for the meeting is as follows:-
- To hear apologies for absence.
- To confirm the minutes of the Thirty Ninth AGM held on 20th May 2017.
- To approve the Annual Accounts for the year ending 31st December 2017.
- To appoint the Independent Accountants.
- To elect or confirm the appointment of the members of the Board of Directors (Executive Committee).
- To transact any other business relative to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
By order of the Board of Directors,
Terry Inskip, Honorary Secretary, February 2018.
Following the formal business of the AGM there will be reports from the Chairmen of the Canal Society and Boat Company, the presentation of the Robin Higgs Award and a talk by Richard Davenport of the Maidenhead Waterways Restoration Group.
- The Society’s formal and correspondence address is: Island House, Moor Road, Chesham, HP5 1WA
- Every member of the Society who is entitled to vote at a General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not be a member, to attend and vote in his/her stead. Forms of Proxy can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.
- Only paid-up members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
- Copies of the Accounts can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary prior to the AGM by email request, or upon receipt of an SAE. In accordance with normal practice the Accounts, when approved, will be published in summary in the Basingstoke Canal News.
- Nomination forms for the election of the Board of Directors can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.