The Society’s AGM was announced formally in the recent Basingstoke Canal News. Details of this announcement are reproduced here:
NOTICE is hereby given that the Thirty Seventh Annual General Meeting of the Surrey & Hampshire Canal Society Ltd will be held on Saturday 17th May 2014 in the Deepcut Village Centre, Cyprus Road, Deepcut GU16 6TB, commencing at 2 p.m.
The formal Agenda for the meeting will be as follows:-
- To hear apologies for absence.
- To confirm the minutes of the Thirty Sixth AGM held on 18th May 2013.
- To approve the Annual Accounts for the year ending 31st December 2013.
- To appoint the Independent Accountants.
- To elect or confirm the appointment of the members of the Board of Directors (Executive Committee).
- To transact any other business relative to the Annual General Meeting of the Society.
By order of the Board of Directors
Gareth Jones, Honorary Secretary
16th February 2014
The formal business of the AGM will be followed by:
- A presentation from the Chairman of the Canal Society
- A presentation from the Chairman of the Boat Company (John Pinkerton Canal Cruises)
- The presentation of the Robin Higgs Award
- A presentation by Roger Flitter BEM, Secretary and Technical Advisor of the Passenger Boat Association.
- This Notice is issued from the Honorary Secretary’s address at 9 Mytchett Lake Road, Mytchett, Camberley, Surrey GU16 6AW.
- Every member of the Society who is entitled to vote at a General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy, who need not be a member, to attend and vote in his/her stead. Forms of Proxy can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.
- Only paid-up members are entitled to attend and vote at the meeting.
- Copies of the Accounts can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary prior to the AGM upon receipt of an SAE. In accordance with normal practice the Accounts, when approved, will be published in summary in the Basingstoke Canal News.
- Nomination forms for the election of the Board of Directors can be obtained from the Honorary Secretary.